[Wine] Re: Question on .NET, Mono and Visual C++ and WINE

Irrlicht wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 19 03:06:13 CDT 2009

Moving away from the binaries is not an option, it's impossible.

The team is using Visual Studio 2008 C++ Express. The AppDB pretty much says garbage to all Visual Studios available AFAIK. :)

What I thought about is the following constellation:

- Develop with VirtualBox Windows and VS C++ Express 2008 but using Mono to get Linux runnable binaries (forgive me if this is non-sense, this is what I understood Mono is for)
- Run the "windows binaries" under WINE
- Run the Mono build of our project under Linux

They should be able to communicate, correct? If so, the only problem would be the compatibility of Mono if I get you right.