[Wine] Re: Intel vs ATI – which one is better for wine?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 19 19:49:30 CDT 2009

Gert van den Berg wrote:
> And ATI / AMD seem to have some developers lurking around wine-devel suggesting fixes, etc...

They do, unfortunately it's not enough to get everything fixed in the next driver version.

Unless AMD will throw substantial number of developers at Linux drivers to implement all the missing features Wine needs/use and fix major bugs nothing will change. And I'm not seeing this effort... Until then, regardless how good AMD's hardware might be without good and working drivers it won't be a viable option.

As to Intel - it's a crappy HW with horrid drivers. Stay away from it, unless compiz (3-d desktop effects) is all you need.