[Wine] Re: Error Result=1 on install...

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 21 10:11:43 CDT 2009

jondavey wrote:
> Hi, I just tried to install WINE. I first tried from a terminal but I couldn't navagate to;
> home/jon/desktop
> for some reason. I'm not too adept on the command line so I tried to install directly from the downloaded file. Everything looked good until I got this ;
>
> <top/wine_1.1.27~winehq1-1_i386.deb' ;echo RESULT=$?
> (Reading database ... 158114 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace wine 1.1.27~winehq1-1 (using .../wine_1.1.27~winehq1-1_i386.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement wine ...
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of wine:
>  wine depends on libfontconfig; however:
>   Package libfontconfig is not installed.
> dpkg: error processing wine (--install):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
> Processing triggers for man-db ...
>  wine
> RESULT=1
>
> Does anyone know what this means and how I might get wine installe on my system?
> Thanks, JOn.

Just a wild guess, but I'd try installing the package your package manager complains is not installed. As to where to find it,  ask your distro (which you neglected to tell us). This is really a dependency/package manager issue. You might also want to study whatever beginner information on using your distro that your distro provides.