[Wine] vcredist_x86.exe - "Unable to find a volume for . . .&q

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 21 15:55:28 CDT 2009

-----Original Message-----

First, you should NEVER link a Windows C: partition as the C: partion in Wine.  This WILL NOT WORK.

Second, the link should be to create a harddrivepartion0 link that is the Wine C: partition which normally is:

$HOME/.wine/drive_c/

Using the tilda may or may not work.

Thus the command should be ln -s $HOME/.wine/harddrivepartition0 $HOME/.wine/drive_c

If this does not work or you get an error message, switch the two $HOM entries.

I understand that the Visual Runtime 2008 requires a WindowsNT type drive designation.

James McKenzie