[Wine] Re: Error Result=1 on install...

jondavey wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 21 17:58:24 CDT 2009

Thanks mate! I'm not really sure I am going to be able to use that workaround though. It didn't really make sense for me. I guess I need to learn more about how to use Debian properly. To be honest I have never read any of the beginner information. I am constantly badgering my L.U.G with silly questions. I have considered that LINUX is just too complicated for me on many ocasions, espescialy when trying to follow instructions like;

Problem can be solved by either recompiling the wine deb package from winehq.org or either make a quick hack on the libfontconfig1 source

by adding

Provides: libfontconfig
...when I have not done any re-compiling, or compiling come to that matter. I don't even know what; adding Provides:libfontconfig means....
Where can I find the beginners documentation that you mentioned?
JOn.