[Wine] Possible multicast problem with UPnP Media Server

ocoro02 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 22 11:09:30 CDT 2009

I'm trying to run Asset UPnP media server under Wine 1.1.27 on Ubuntu 8.04.  The problem is that media clients on the same network don't appear to SSDP discover this media server.  The server itself *does* advertise itself fine on the network though (but as this is fairly infrequent, then any clients can be hanging around for quite some time before they spot the server).

I've tried other Linux-based media servers running natively on this particular Ubuntu box and all is good, and I've also run Asset fine on a Windows-based PC on the net.

Running a Wireshark trace it appears as if the Wine-based Asset server is not responsing to client SSDP requests. These requests are multicast.

So my question is - are there any known issues regarding multicast with apps running under Wine? Can they respond to multicast requests? I've had a look through the various Wine options and I can't see any obvious settings...