[Wine] Error using command prompt

Elliander wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 22 13:23:43 CDT 2009

I am using Dev-C++ under WINE and Ubuntu as I am not yet familiar with Ubuntu enough to study C without a simple compiler I am used to. It installed ok, and compiled .exe files ok, but when it came to run those programs I had a problem.

The first was that, normally, when I would run an executable written to use the windows command prompt, the command prompt wouldn't appear. Now, I make sure to use:

#include "CLOSE.C"

in all my programs which itself is just a few lines of C code that tells the command prompt to get user input before closing and to give a message to the user that the program has ended.

So I know it isn't just opening and closing really fast.

So I decided to compile again with debug information and I was able to run the program. I saw a command prompt appear, and was able to give input. I wrote down a random number, pressed enter, and then I got an Oops!

I am not really sure what the problem is. I know it will display the command prompt because it did. But it only displayed it when using debug. And that ended up showing errors.

Is there some special way a C program needs to be written to work in WINE? Or are there just problems that WINE has with a command prompt?

Here is a screenshot I took of the error:

[Image: http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6581/screenshotkwi.png ]