[Wine] First problem when installing MS Accounting 08

aherrns wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 23 20:28:19 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Ubuntu Jaunty, 32 bit, wine 1.1.28.

One of the needs of this program is Windows Installer 3.1. When I try to install MOAES2008.exe, I get the message that WI 3.1 can't be installed. If I try to install first this exe, I get this message at the terminal: "fixme:ntdll:find_reg_tz_info Can't find matching timezone information in the registry for bias 240, std (d/m/y): 8/03/2009, dlt (d/m/y): 18/10/2009". I googled this message and a lot of people is getting the same.

What's weird is that I winetricked msi2, which would install Windows Installer 2.0, and even though I got the same message "fixme:..." etc., it was successfully installed. However I can't keep on installing MOAES2008. Any hint?