[Wine] IE7

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 23 20:08:56 CDT 2009

MacNean Tyrrell wrote:
> Ok was able to get flash working, incase someone else wants to know:
>
> Instructions for IE7 with Flash mainly for Steam:
>
> ./winetricks comctl32 comctl32.ocx corefonts gdiplus msls31 msxml3 msxml4
> msxml6 riched20 riched30 tahoma fontfix liberation tahoma mfc40 mfc42 msls31
> pdh riched20 riched30 tahoma urlmon wininet native_mdac ole2 (following 2
> optional, needed for certain games) vcrun2005sp1 vb6run

Wow, that's a lot of packages needed for this installation.  Can you
work on trimming this list to see what is very important and what is not.
> Get the following DLL's from a valid Windows XP machine and place in
> .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
>
> msctf.dll
> msimtf.dll
> uxtheme.dll
> xmllite.dll

This may violate the MS EULA.  Tread with caution.
> cp msctf.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
> cp msimtf.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
> cp uxtheme.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
> cp xmllite.dll .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/
>
> head to
> http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9AE91EBE-3385-447C-8A30-081805B2F90B&displaylang=en
> and download     IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe
>
> run:
>
> wine IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe
> (uncheck Install Latest Updates for Internet Explorer.... when you get to
> that screen)
>
> Let it install, click Restart Now
>
> At this point your override DLL's should look like:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DllOverrides]
> "comctl32"="native,builtin"
> "gdiplus"="native"
> "msxml3"="native,builtin"
> "odbc32"="native,builtin"
> "odbccp32"="native,builtin"
> "riched20"="native,builtin"
> "riched32"="native,builtin"
> "urlmon"="native,builtin"
> "wininet"="native,builtin"
>
> (or with winecfg under libraries)
>
> We are gonna manually add some more, open winecfg, click libraries tab and
> make sure your libraries look like:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DllOverrides]
> "browseui"="native,builtin"
> "comctl32"="builtin"
> "crypt32"="native,builtin"
> "gdiplus"="native"
> "hhctrl.ocx"="native,builtin"
> "hlink"="native,builtin"
> "iernonce"="native,builtin"
> "iexplore.exe"="native,builtin"
> "itircl"="native,builtin"
> "itss"="native,builtin"
> "jscript"="native,builtin"
> "mlang"="native,builtin"
> "mshtml"="native,builtin"
> "msimtf"="native,builtin"
> "msvcrt"="builtin"
> "msxml3"="native,builtin"
> "odbc32"="native,builtin"
> "odbccp32"="native,builtin"
> "oleaut"="builtin"
> "riched20"="native,builtin"
> "riched32"="native,builtin"
> "secur32"="native,builtin"
> "shdoclc"="native,builtin"
> "shdocvw"="native,builtin"
> "shlwapi"="native,builtin"
> "url"="native,builtin"
> "urlmon"="native,builtin"
> "usp10"="native,builtin"
> "uxtheme"="native,builtin"
> "wininet"="native,builtin"
> "wintrust"="native,builtin"
>
> (Now this is where I installed Steam just to make sure it was working with
> IE7 installed)

This is not needed.  Steam installs just fine with FireFox.

Please continue to work on this and see what is and is not needed for
Flash on IE7.

Lastly, the developers cannot fix this if you do not file bug reports.
Bug reports go to Wine Bugzilla.

Thank you.

James McKenzie