[Wine] Mouse difficulties

utimagus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 24 16:59:56 CDT 2009

I am new to wine (using 1.1.27) and linux (using ubuntu 9.04). I did a search on the forum for a mouse problem involving  the speed at which I move the mouse. While playing oblivion, if i move the mouse too fast it will stop as if reaching the edge of the screen even though the mouse is  actually several inches from the edge of the screen.  I'm honestly not sure how to describe this problem. It happens on the main menu as well where if I move the mouse too fast, the cursor on screen and the mouse in reality are desynching or some such. I figured it was just a problem on the main menu, but in game as well this happens. As a result I must move my mouse slowly no matter what or else I get these desynched boundaries. If there is a way to record movies in ubuntu, I'll record what happens and post it as that would explain the problem much better. Sorry if this is vague.