[Wine] Wrong JPEG version?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 12:39:31 CDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:35 PM, John Drescher<drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Das Letzte
> Einhorn<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>>
>> John Drescher wrote:

>>> I suspect the problem is the headers are installed from the 64 bit
>>> jpeg-7 package and the compat package is jpeg-6.
>>>
>>> The interesting thing is I just found a solution (to the emul-libs
>>> problems) that should solve this issue as well.
>>>
>>> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-774035-highlight-.html
>>>
>>> John
>>

>> I am not sure to understand the solution you are suggesting me to try. Are you referring to the multilib USE flag?
>>

> Look at gimpel's post.
>
> Install the overlay in his first link. If you do not know how to do
> that look at the documentation for overlays and layman.
>
> Then remove all your emul-linux libs.
>
> Add http://gimpel.ath.cx/~tom/multilib.conf to your /etc/portage/package.use
>
> Then update
> emerge -auDvN world
>
> This way you will have a 32 bit jpeg-7 library and also other wine
> requirements.
>
> You can also edit the
> /usr/portage/profiles/arch/amd64/package.use.mask file to activate
> gnutls and other use flags that gentoo disabled for x64.
>
> This last step would help if you were using the wine-9999 ebuild to
> install the .git version.

BTW, you may have to do some masking / unmasking. This overlay
replaces a lot of gentoo ebuilds with new ebuilds that build both 64
and 32 bit libraries if you enable the lib32 use flag for that
package. See the following file for a list of packages:

http://gimpel.ath.cx/~tom/multilib.conf

BTW, Should we take this discussion to the gentoo forums?

--
John M. Drescher