[Wine] Re: Tribes 1.x Crashes on Launch (Appdb page lied!)

bj0 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 25 21:23:21 CDT 2009

ahh, sorry, forgot system specifics.

I'm on Ubuntu 9.04, 32 bit.

uname -a : Linux nazgul 2.6.28-15-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Tue Aug 18 18:40:08 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

I'm using the wine PPA, so the version is at 1.1.28.

I've tried running from inside the directory (i've tried installing it inside and outside of the .wine directory).

I hadn't tried disabling pulseaudio, I had tried padsp wine ./Tribes.exe  though.
I just pkilled pulseaudio and there was no difference (same error spam).  The sound DID work fine during the installation.