[Wine] wont run programs

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Aug 26 13:32:56 CDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 17:54, nibbles.hax<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> i just installed the newest version of wine on to the latest version of ubuntu and it opens but so does this window that i cant close or it closes the intire program and there is no desktop and no way for me to do anything please help me

wine will not give you a Windows desktop to work on.

Start with the FAQ (relvant entries at least, such as 1.9, section 3
and 4 (section 7 might be useful as well))
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ

http://wiki.winehq.org/HowTo might be useful as well, but it does not
seem to offer a good introduction of how Wine works, etc. (Is there a
nice Getting Started guide somewhere, anyone?)

Gert