[Wine] wine does n't open

shelbijoseph wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Aug 27 01:41:03 CDT 2009

Hai Friends,

I was using wine happily with ubuntu 8.04. Now I have ubuntu 9.04 clean install on a new machine. I could install wine but when I open wine-program-accessories-notepad nothing happens. Also configure wine does n't funtion.

Also when I try to install any exe file this message comes: here is one example

[/home/illusions/Desktop/TeamViewer_Setup.exe]
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
note:  /home/illusions/Desktop/TeamViewer_Setup.exe may be a plain executable, not an archive
zipinfo:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/illusions/Desktop/TeamViewer_Setup.exe or
          /home/illusions/Desktop/TeamViewer_Setup.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/illusions/Desktop/TeamViewer_Setup.exe.ZIP, period.

Can anyone able to map the problem and help me pls.......
I have been reading forums but could n't resolve it.

Thanks