[Wine] Re: Code Page Changes

dizwell wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 29 21:50:06 CDT 2009

Well, thanks for that, but I think the point is that the specifics don't matter. I'd just like to be able to set something that PL/SQL Developer actually picks up on!

I did wine regedit, for example, in order to set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Nls/Codepage/OEMCP value to 1252. I set it no problem... but when I launch PL/SQL Developer after doing so, there is no change in the behaviour... so I go and do another wine regedit and OEMCP has reverted to 437 (which is the US ASCII code page and is the fundamental reason why my extended characters won't pass properly to the database).

So, whether it's a code page 850, 1252 or 65001 is really immaterial. Once I find a way to *set* the code page properly, then I can experiment as to which code page produces the best result or is "the most modern" encoding. But I am falling at the first hurdle: How do I set the correct code page, persistently, so that all Wine apps pick it up? And setting $LANG is not the answer (because I've already tried export LANG=en_AU.ISO8859-1, which matches the database character set precisely, and it made not one bit of difference).

Can anyone tell me why a change to the registry made as described above is not persistent? Is there a Wine.cfg file or something I need to edit instead?