[Wine] Re: Counter strike source NOT loading

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 30 07:54:01 CDT 2009

spillage wrote:
> ok thanks i did not realise this. does this mean the the app still in my package manager will not run either or will they only work through terminal commands.
>
> why will the package manager only run the .23 version of wine and not update to .28. do i need to place a file in the yum.repos.d file for this to happen???
>
> OMG am i lost.
>
> Thanks,
>
> spill

You compiled the program from source, so it won't be in the package manager. Also, because you compiled it from source, please don't use the package manager for that application anymore. If you do, you'll screw things up because your package manager will try to install its own version of Wine over your self-compiled version.

The package manager only has 1.1.23 because there are people behind your distro who compile the package for you. These people sometimes don't make new versions for a while until there have been enough changes for them to accept, or when there's a stable, tested release of the application, or when a new version of their distro comes out.