[Wine] pulseaudio wine

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Aug 31 10:50:50 CDT 2009

On 08/31/2009 09:26 AM, jorl17 wrote:
> Nowadays Wine works flawlessly with pulseaudio and alsa. No need for OSS, pasuspender or anything like
 >that.

Just curious, what version of wine are you using that it works
flawlessly in? I am hopeful that I may get there at some point. :)

For me, pulse and wine have worked fine together -unless- the program I
am using in wine uses a microphone, then I have to uninstall pulse to
keep the program stable (in Wine 1.1.23, Fedora 11x86_64).

I do not have to do anything funky to the sound system or take out every
reference to wine in my OS, just uninstall the "pulseaudio" package and
a few direct dependencies it takes with it. I've left in libraries and
plug ins and such for pulse because I wasn't willing to loose the
dependencies they were going to take with them.

I would like to be able to leave pulse installed, I use several programs
with sound and often have them all running at the same time and pulse
keeps it all working when I need to switch between them. But I -have- to
have ventrilo stable in wine and able to use the mic, the people I use
it with won't switch to a different program.