[Wine] Re: pulseaudio wine

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 31 12:05:06 CDT 2009

Well, basically every version has worked for me except for those that I mentioned (they had crackly sound). The Microphone works flawlessly too (I use some FOSS apps similar to Skype in Wine).

At the time, I remember I read:

Ever since I've been following that on every Ubuntu install I have and sound always works -- just like that.

What kind of microphone do you have? Is it a USB-one? That usually messes things...

I have also used Ventrilo without any issues (except for a crash when clicking a button), so, as you see, it's been perfect :)

I do remember the time when I had crackly sound. To solve that, I ticked OSS and starter running wine with aoss. I didn't use padsp because some people claimed aoss was better and because padsp occasionally locked my system up (maybe a sound module issue).