[Wine] Guide: How to Rip DVD to AVI on Mac/Windows

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Dec 2 04:54:14 CST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 21:38 -0500, John Drescher wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Mylian <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> > For both Mac and Windows users, this guide will show you how to rip and edit your DVD to all other video and audio formats for all the portable players. The output formats mainly include: AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV, WMV, MKV, 3GP, 3G2, MPG, MP3, AAC, M4A, OGG, RA, RAM, RMVB, etc.
>
> This is ridiculous that this SPAM persists. Should we all start
> spamming this companies support emails?

As far as I can tell spam arrives on the list in several ways:
- spammers signing on to the mail list
- spammers signing on via the forum
- (possibly) spammers forging member names

I run Spamassassin and, as a result, see almost none of this rubbish
though I do see summary statistics as part of my nightly logwatch
report. Right now the majority of the spam getting past my ISP's
greylister is being sent on the WINE Users list.

We really need a spam filter in the loop for the WINE Users mailing list
and forum: incoming messages could be run past SA and those marked as
spam can simply be discarded. The rest get posted to the forum and sent
to the mailing list manager.

Martin