[Wine] what are the steps to install wine in fedora 11?

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Dec 2 05:07:26 CST 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 04:14 -0600, ramakrishna wrote:
> what are the steps to install wine in fedora 11?i have downloaded
> latest version wine but i have no idea how to install wine in fedora
> 11(i686) on 32 bit?

Running "yum install wine" as root will get the last version that Fedora
maintainers consider to be the latest stable version. That's 1.1.23 for
Fedora 10. You must be root to use yum, but don't run WINE as root.

That works for me. If you want the latest version, check the Wiki for
how to download source, compile and install it.

Martin