[Wine] Re: Memory Limitations for WINE 1.1.33 under Mac OS Leopard

tpatko wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 3 12:18:46 CST 2009

Dear Alexandre:

Thank you for the response.  Well it seems that this particular bug (performance reduction in memory allocation from 1.1.21 to 1.1.33) is a Mac specific issue as best as I can tell.  Building the same 1.1.33 source code under CentOS 64-bit in 32-bit mode does not yield this reduction in memory allocation limits that I have described.

For a variety of reasons it is not really possible to allocate this memory in smaller chunks as you suggest (in fact for these type of programs it is actually quite literally impossible).  In terms of OpenGL this is completely unnecessary for my program to run through WINE.  The program is a console only application (No GUI components whatsoever).  Is it possible to build the current version of WINE (1.1.33 or newer) WITHOUT any OpenGL support and to help raise the memory limit back to where it was in the 1.1.21 version (or higher) by freeing up this memory that appears to be reserved for OpenGL in the Mac build.

Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas