[Wine] Re: Wine dxdllreg.exe problem

psytrox wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 3 13:21:51 CST 2009

vitamin wrote:

> psytrox wrote:
> > It doesn't matter what program I run under wine, I always get the "***.exe has encountered a serious problem, and needs to close."
>
> What distro? What does terminal say?

Ubuntu Karmic Koala 9.10.

Terminal shows:

"wine: Unhandled division by zero at address 0x123f:0x0000f1c9 (thread 0015), starting debugger..."

[other junk]

"Backtrace:
=>0 0x123f:0xf1c9 (0x124f:0x0000)
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7b96e6e0 "syslevel.c: Win16Mutex" wait timed out in thread 0044, blocked by 0047, retrying (60 sec)
err:syslevel:_LeaveSysLevel (0x7b96e6e0, level 1): Invalid state: count 0 mutex (nil)."

This is from executing UFTREE.EXE(Ultimate Family Tree).

The error from running this shows "winevdm.exe," not UFTREE.EXE as causing the serious problem this time.

[img]http://yfrog.com/06screenshotafp[/img]

Also, sound isn't working when I have Firefox 3.5.3(...windows version) running through wine.  I messed with everything I could think of(pulseaudio, alsa(which I don't believe is actually utilized anymore), gnome-volume-control-applet, etc.), but it just stayed silent.  I closed the FF that was running through wine, and sound worked again.(I can close the wine FF, start music, then run it again, no problems...other than FF does crash quite often with wine...I'll run it from terminal soon to see if I can locate errors.)

Next, I just found that regedit, run from terminal, without having Replay Media Catcher running, opens fine, and will let me work with regedit.  If I open RMC, then run regedit at terminal, I get the error:

[Image: http://img511.yfrog.com/img511/7969/screenshot1ep.png ]

Ok, lastly, about winetricks.  I have issues with it.  And winedoors...it just wont run.  Winetricks wont "repair" dotnet20, when I select to install it...I don't know if it's broken, but reading on the AppDB, I should be able to install and run Photomatix 3.x on here, but I continue to get the same error as with everything else....it's serious.  When Attempting to "repair" dotnet20, I get the response that I need MS Windows Installer 3.1 installed....can't get that to work either, not sure how to do it, and I only see msi2 in winetricks...no one else seems to have these problems, from searching around.

Thanks for everything!