[Wine] Runes of Magic won't start...

Kodama wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 6 16:18:42 CST 2009

Hello,

the game Runes of Magic doesn't start anymore. I can install it but the update window that downloads and installs your updates won't appear. Instead an error window comes up saying;

"vcfile.res
load MainWnd error"

In can confirm this error with Wine 1.1.33 and 1.1.34. And with the 32bit and 64bit Version of Arch Linux using X-Server 1.7.2 and nvidia 190.42 driver.

Since I was able to install and play the game a couple of days ago I suspect it might have something to do with one of their updates?

Greets
Andreas