[Wine] Native 8bit video mode.

Mad Fish wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 7 08:14:57 CST 2009

I'm trying to run StarCraft on my netbook. It runs, but very slowly. I think this is because of color conversion form 8bit to native one (24bit).

How can I run it in native 8bit video mode, without color conversion?

I know, X.org doesn't support switching color depth. That means I will have to run another instance of X.org server. But how can I instruct it to use 8bit mode and how to make wine use native 8bit mode as well (do not make a color conversion on the fly).

After hours of googling, can't find a solution to this.

P.S. Netbook is Acer Aspire One 110. Intel 945GM, Atom N270