[Wine] Uninstall a winetrick

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 7 18:41:15 CST 2009

pj wrote:

>I have installed winetrick msi2, thinking it might help with an installation - it didn't - what's more, I now get "are you running in
>safe-mode" or anyway to that effect, and will not install.
>
>I have tried with rm -rf ~/.wine-clean; WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-clean wine setup.exe (works), but that seems a bit overboard when all I
>want to do is go back to the original MSI setting.

Actually, this is exactly how you should remove the program.  Yes it is ugly, but it is 'safe' as it removes the program and all settings to add it.

The 'old' method was:

[code]
rm -rf $HOME/.wine
re-install all programs
rerun winetricks

[/code]

This is MUCH better!

>Is there not a simple sh uninstall winetrick msi2, or something similar, please?

No, but maybe Dan or Austin can add it in the future.

James McKenzie