[Wine] wine: '/home/WoW/.wine' is a 32-bit prefix, it cannot be use

Richie086 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 8 17:08:45 CST 2009

Hey

I am running World of Warcraft via wine on Fedora x86_64.  I have the 32bit versions of all the necessary packages needed to run World of Warcraft, but unless I remove my ~/.wine directory before i launch World of Warcraft I will get this error message.

% wine Wow.exe -opengl
wine: '/home/WoW/.wine' is a 32-bit prefix, it cannot be used with wow64 Wine.

Anyone know where in ~/.wine the option is being set for a 32-bit prefix?  It worked fine for like 2 weeks and then suddenly started getting that error message.

If you are having this issue and need a quick fix, just delete the ~/.wine directory..  I would like to find a way to launch World of Warcraft without having to remove the wine directory tho because when I remove it all my ventrilo settings are erased and I have to re-enter all the server info every time I launch vent.