[Wine] X Error of failed request: BadMatch

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 9 00:30:32 CST 2009

alobo wrote about X Error of failed request: BadMatch

>Thanks for making wine.
>After a normal installation of a win application I'm getting this error at running the program and would appreciate any
>help:
>
>$ wine RememBird.exe
>fixme:font:WineEngAddFontResourceEx Ignoring flags 10
>fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x419d72c,0x00000000), stub!
>fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),1,0x419d72c,0x00000000), stub!
>fixme:ddraw:DirectDrawEnumerateExA flags 0x00000001 not handled
>fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x419d0a8,0x00000000), stub!
>fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
>X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  73 (X_GetImage)
>  Serial number of failed request:  1220
>  Current serial number in output stream:  1220

This has been traced to improperly installed or incomplete video drivers.

Can you please provide the type of video card you are using and
the drivers for that card.

>$ wine --version
>wine-1.1.33
>Using ubuntu jaunty

Did you use a pre-built installation of Wine or did you build your own?

James McKenzie