[Wine] Re: Photoshop CS2 Refuses to Install

GoremanX wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 9 02:55:40 CST 2009

Alright, I did as mentioned in that bug report. I added the SLE 11 Wine repository and installed Wine 1.1.32 from there instead. Now the installation goes through just fine. Once installed, I copied /opt/.wine to ~/.wine (using the -a switch for cp) and everything transferred over fine. Photoshop will happily run from a network share, it just refuses to install to a network share. Pretty dumb, if you ask me.

In any case, it works and I'm happy. However this was NOT obvious or easy. This was a nightmare. I find it hard to believe Photoshop CS2 is listed as a "Platinum" application.