[Wine] Wine stopped after winetricks dcom98

Ditzian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 9 08:38:09 CST 2009

I am using Wine under PCLinuxOS.  I installed a program, Logger32, that ran under Wine, but which did not display dates correctly.  I asked about this and was told to install winetricks and then to run dcom98, which I did.  Now, it seems that none of my Windows programs runs.  They show an hourglass in the system tray, then disappear.  I tried reloading Wine to no avail, and then read that this seldom works.

Is there a way for me to get Wine sorking again?

My skills at the LInux command line are meager, but I can follow simple instructions.  PCLinuxOS is very GUI-oriented.

Jan