[Wine] Re: Wine stopped after winetricks dcom98

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 9 14:27:38 CST 2009

Ditzian wrote:

> I renamed .wine in my home directory as .wine.bak.  I also tried to reinstall wine.  However:
>

> there is no .wine directory
> when i put in the CD for one program, it asks me what to use to open it, and when I select Wine, the apply button does not appear
> the two Windows programs that were installed are still in the KDE menu

What version of Wine? If it's not the lasted development release, upgrade.  If that doesn't solve the problem, run your installer from a terminal and post whatever messages appear.

Wine should automatically create a new ~/.wine for you the first time you run it.

As Gert told you, menu entries are not stored in ~/.wine. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-9893ae50079ca7a959258f0bc9a17aaf2e69b391