[Wine] Re: Wine stopped after winetricks dcom98

Ditzian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 9 15:15:37 CST 2009

I followed the instructions at the Wine FAQ and ran the recommended commands.  All the KDE menu entries were eliminated, and Wine was uninstalled.  I then went to the repository and reinstalled Wine.

Then I put the CD with an install program in it into the CD drive, and mounted it, and clicked on SETUP.EXE.  It asked me to select an application.  If I navigate to More Applications > Emulators >  Wine, the apply button does not appear.  There are five subprograms under Wine, Configurator, File Manager, Minesweeper, Notepad, and Registry Editor.  Do I select one of these?  Configurator brings up the Configurator window, and File Manager does not run the Setup either.

Jan