[Wine] Re: eve online error after splash screen

J4P4NM4N wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 9 23:43:32 CST 2009

I've got basically the exact same thing:

Code:

err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x1
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x8e0000 0 0x33fc6c 4
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x338da4,0x00000000), stub!

I've tried everything online that I could find my hands on -- The arial.ttf font thing, graphic card drivers, etc.  A few times I randomly managed to get past the splash screen, I got caught up on the EULA.  It should be fixed now with moving the fonts into the respective folder, but ever since then I've had the splash screen problem!

To clarify: Eve-Online runs in Wine with the output above, the splash screen shows, disappears, and leaves the ExeFile.exe and explorer.exe processes running.  The game never loads.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!