[Wine] printting hack with wine in linux ????

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Fri Dec 11 06:48:48 CST 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 23:19 -0600, fachamix wrote:
> martin, where can I get the Generic TExt Only driver ???? I only saw this driver in Ubuntu (9.04) , itsthe only distro that hast it.
>
> I cant find it in google

Its available in Fedora - Generic is the first entry in the list of
brands. Within that there are Esc/P, Raw queue and Text-only models.
There are 5 drivers for the Esc/P model, so it may be worth trying them
all. There are also a Raw Queue that is probably only useful for
programs with their own built-in print drivers and a text-only driver
but its unclear what it does. My guess would be that it understands
printable characters plus FF, CR, LF, TAB and not much more.

There don't seem to be any FX or generic drivers on the CUPS website,
http://www.cups.org/. However, there is the documentation needed to
create your own (assuming that you have a printer manual that lists the
escape codes) - its claimed that you can set one up in 30-60 minutes by
modifying a similar generic driver, which are available for download
from Sourceforge: http://cups.sourceforge.net/cups-drivers.html

Martin