[Wine] Autorun CD

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 09:51:42 CST 2009

Debian Lenny, Nvidia 9600 GT, Wine 1.1.33

I have a kid game I'm working on (the first of many, I hope). It's a
"autorun from the CD" types, no install to HD. Linux and Wine do the usual
thing: mount the CD, open a view of the file structure. Then, find the .exe,
right click, choose "run with Wine". Program runs perfectly (so far, at
least).

Is there a recommended way to do a shorter way to start this game? IE.,
create Menu entry or Desktop Icom? Anything to be aware or wary of? I can
teach the kid how to do the current way but would prefer not to (very
young).

Thanks,
Jim