[Wine] Quo mapping software no longer working

Gewitty wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 12 04:58:59 CST 2009

I have been successfully using a rather good GPS mapping application called Quo (www.mapyx.com/quo/download.asp) for some time.

In my previous set-up, running Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit with WINE, this worked perfectly. However, after upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10 and WINE 1.1.34 recently, I cannot get Quo to run at all. Regardless of the Windows version I try in WINE, either nothing at all happens, or I get an error message saying:

'Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process ID = 0x28 (40), Thread ID = 0x2d (45).'

Has anyone had success in getting this app running, or any idea what the error codes might indicate as the problem?