[Wine] Re: Steam games not working under OpenSuse 11.2

Subsidiarity wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 13 00:50:26 CST 2009

vitamin wrote:

> Subsidiarity wrote:
> > I wasn't sure what app_id refers to
>
> http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_Application_IDs
>
> If you can't find it - start steam, right click on your game and select "Create desktop shortcut". Look at that shortcut and see what ID it's using
>
> Subsidiarity wrote:
> > john at linux-afta:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steam> wine steam -applaunch <4570>
> > bash: syntax error near unexpected token `4570'
>
> Obviously this is wrong and bash telling you about it. Angular brakes are used to indicate required parameter and not literal brackets.

Thanks for the reply. I should have not included that  first line, because it's simply a distraction. I did it right a few lines later when I removed the angular brackets and reran the command. But I left that line in when I cut and pasted.

It would seem to me I did it right the second time because I was rewarded with this line in the code about half way down:

[/code]rr:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\dawn of war gold\\W40k.exe" failed, status c0000005

It seemed to be trying to launch Dawn of War, which is what I was expecting it to do. Does anything in the code there tell one what might be going wrong? Why would winmm.dll fail to initialize? Is that important? I'm going to investigate that and see what I can find.

I'm at work right now for the next few days and away from my own computer. Thanks again.