[Wine] Quo mapping software no longer working

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 13 09:03:43 CST 2009

Gewitty wrote:
> The fog eventually cleared and I got Winetricks to install .NET 2.0.
>
> This didn't solve the problem and it seems to have affected WINE, because everything now runs very slowly. I tried a complete un-install/re-install of WINE, but that didn't work either.
>
> When I try to run the Quo app, I get the following error message:
>
> C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded.

Looks like the .NET installation did not work.
> I also had a go at installing Mono. This also failed as it returned an error message saying that I needed Windows NT 5.0, which WINE does not offer.

Interesting as Windows NT 5.0 == Windows 2000.

What version of Windows are you using in Wine?

[code]

wine winecfg

[/code]

Look at the default version setting on the bottom of the dialog box.  It
should be WindowsXP so that .NET will install and Mono for Windows will
function.

James McKenzie