[Wine] Rosetta Stone 2.2.0.0A Language CD dumps.

polaris96 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 13 17:28:52 CST 2009

I'm completely new to Wine.  This is my first effort at loading a Winapp, so please bear with me.  I'm running Debian Squeeze AMD64 on a single core Athlon with 2G of motherboard RAM.  I'm running Wine v 1.0.1, installed as a binary (deb) from Debian's testing(squeeze) repo with apt-get.

I looked at the available threads irt RS before I posted this.  Nothing seems to fit my issue.  Here it is.

I ran the installer with Wine.  The installer said everything was ok (It also installed quicktime.  Can't remember if windows did that it's been a few years).  I changed CDs to the Language disc (Chinese I) and clicked on autorun.

Everything looked normal.  A window opened and the RS screen had a a graphbutton saying,"start Rosetta Stone."  I clicked it.  The window closed and then nothing.

Top and ps confirm neither rosettastone, autorun, nor wineserver were still running.

One thing that may be relevant:  I have a wine menu item in the GUI which shows directories for both quicktime and rosetta stone.  However, neither folder contains an executable.

The RS folder tree is Menu>Wine>programs>Rosetta Stone>2.2.0.0A>user's guide.  There is no program executable.  Trying to open the user's guide doesn't do anything either.