[Wine] please help me

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 13 18:18:53 CST 2009

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 16:32 -0600, hany wrote:
>
>> this is the first time to use wine,i installed wine in ubuntu 9 ant
>> try to execute putty v.60 all done ,but i can not prompt to login to
>> any servers when i telnet please help me this is urgent for me, my
>> whole carrier life depending on your help?
>>

> So use the native Linux telnet client.

Why do you have to use PuTTY under Wine?  It exists for several UNIX
clients (I routinely use it on RHEL 4.5 and Solaris 10 as well as Windows.)

If you NEED to use PuTTY, you might have to enable the telnet port (23)
on your Linux system.  I highly recommend using SSH if you are legally
allowed to as telnet is a known security problem.

James McKenzie