[Wine] Re: Rosetta Stone 2.2.0.0A Language CD dumps.

polaris96 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 14 09:42:03 CST 2009

OK here's where I'm at.  First, I loaded the Debian Sid version (1.1.32) off the debian mirror.  That got me farther and I was able to install the Rosetta Stone software.  However, I stil can't run it.  When I start the software, the Cd begins to spin, after which a "script error: missing object" messagebox appears.  Then, it dumps.

I follwoed your advice irt newer verison - added and pinned your repo and installed the wine repo squeeze package - v1.1.33.  With THIS version, I have no wine-cfg available and the program still doesn't run.  Is there a separate package for wine-cfg?

I prefer not to source compile if I can avoid it, but that will be necessary to get 1.1.34.  Shall I do this?

Thanks for your help, so far :)