[Wine] Re: Memory Limitations for WINE 1.1.33 under Mac OS Leopard

tpatko wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 15 08:51:31 CST 2009

Indeed I have tried to build WINE from source as follows:

./configure --disable-win16 --enable-win64 --verbose --without-freetype

The configure completes without errors but a number of warnings:

configure: libhal/libdbus 64-bit development files not found, no dynamic device support.
configure: libgnutls 64-bit development files not found, no schannel support.
configure: libsane 64-bit development files not found, scanners won't be supported.
configure: libgphoto2 64-bit development files not found, digital cameras won't be supported.
configure: liblcms 64-bit development files not found, Color Management won't be supported.
configure: libcapi20 64-bit development files not found, ISDN won't be supported.
configure: fontconfig 64-bit development files not found, fontconfig won't be supported.
configure: libgsm 64-bit development files not found, gsm 06.10 codec won't be supported.
configure: libmpg123 64-bit development files not found (or too old), mp3 codec won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: OpenGL development headers not found.
OpenGL and Direct3D won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libxml2 64-bit development files not found, XML won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libxslt 64-bit development files not found, xslt won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libjpeg 64-bit development files not found, JPEG won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libpng 64-bit development files not found, PNG won't be supported.

configure: Finished.  Do 'make depend && make' to compile Wine.

When I try to actually build (make depend && make) I get stopped with the following message:

gcc -m64 -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__ -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith  -g -O2  -o interlocked.o interlocked.c
{standard input}:87:Unknown pseudo-op: .cfi_adjust_cfa_offset
{standard input}:87:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character valued 56 (8).
{standard input}:88:Unknown pseudo-op: .cfi_rel_offset
{standard input}:88:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character valued 37 (%).
{standard input}:99:Unknown pseudo-op: .cfi_adjust_cfa_offset
{standard input}:99:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character valued 45 (-).
{standard input}:100:Unknown pseudo-op: .cfi_same_value
{standard input}:100:Rest of line ignored. 1st junk character valued 37 (%).
make[2]: *** [interlocked.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [port] Error 2
make: *** [libs] Error 2

Any ideas?  Do I need to boot into the 64-bit Snow Leopard kernel to build 64-bit WINE?  In this case the gcc compiler is already 64-bit by default, although I am not sure about of the libraries that it requires.  Unfortunately it seems on my particular Mac Pro 2,1 I am not sure if it is possible/supported to boot into the 64-bit kernel as I have a slightly older 32-bit EFI on this machine.

Do I just need to disable more parts of the build to get it to go?

Thanks,

Thomas