[Wine] Re: wow runtime error, new with patch 3.3

Chris V. wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 15 09:01:47 CST 2009

Hey guys,

So I installed WoW by copying and pasting my brother's Windows WoW install into my .wine Programs folder. I got it all working after a few hours of tweaking without pulling too many teeth.

However, there has consistently been this strange 'void' or shadow under all the characters (even the quest givers, vendors, etc.). Look at the pictures -

[Image: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r204/vestyjr/WoW4.png ]

[Image: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r204/vestyjr/WoW3.png ]

[Image: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r204/vestyjr/WoW2.png ]

[Image: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r204/vestyjr/WoW1.png ]

I've given you my video settings as well so you can see how I've set them up.

Also, I tried to install the latest AMD Catalyst through my Package Manager (it was recommended on the WineHQ WoW installation and tweaking guide) but it seems to have royally screwed something up - now my FPS rate is at around 1 or 2 while before it was at 10. 10 FPS meant the game was playable... Now, well; not so much.

I've followed loads of advice online, but you guys seem to have your shit together.

Thanks.