[Wine] wow runtime error, new with patch 3.3

tparker at etherstorm.net tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Dec 15 09:32:17 CST 2009

I ended up reinstalling my OS and games on WoW 3.3 patch day, I
haven't run into many problems but I'll throw my system info into the fray
in case someone sees something helpful to them:

Fedora 12 KDE (32 bit)
Wine - 1.1.32-1.fc12 (i686) - installed as 'core package' from package
manger.
nVidia Geforce 6150SE (onboard card)
nVidia driver 190.42

WoW disks were already imaged on our server so I installed from there.

The only tweak I did was using winetricks by:
/bin/sh winetricks vcrun2005sp1 vcrun2005
per: http://www.wowwiki.com/Wine/Troubleshooting (bottom entry)

The only problem I have in game is graphics going to heck in the Pit of
Saron (second of the three new 5mans). Once down in the instance I
start getting big poly lines and chunks, like what most people get in
WoW using D3D instead of opengl. It is changed by my camera angle,
horrible on my night elf, barely a flicker on my gnome.

Everything else in game has been working fine so far, the only thing I
can think of that I haven't tested is WoW voice.