[Wine] Re: Memory Limitations for WINE 1.1.33 under Mac OS Leopard

tpatko wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 15 11:04:17 CST 2009

Dear Alexandre:

Thank you for the definitive (but rather disappointing) NO.  If 64-bit support should become available on Mac (presumably on no OS before Snow Leopard).  It would seem that the minimum prerequisite is most likely gcc 4.4.X and running in the 64-bit kernel mode at least for the build.  I suspect that you do not necessarily need to be running in the 64-bit kernel mode to run the binary once built (perhaps 32-bit kernel is OK for this???).

In any event, my application might be a good first test for a 64-bit WINE build on Mac as it is a high performance MPI console only application (no graphics) that can really push the memory limits and probe the implementation efficiencies.

Cheers,

Thomas

It's not quite perfect, but it's much better on Linux. 64-bit isn't
supported at all on Mac OS at the moment.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org