[Wine] Re: WINE & 2.6.32 Kernels

tpreitzel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 15 19:18:49 CST 2009

Thanks. I used regedit to add a Drivers key because it totally missing. I assume winecfg creates the Drivers key? Under the Drivers key, I added a string Audio=alsa, but the lockups continue. I have the following error when running winecfg:

err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element

ALSAmixer -c0 shows all the elements of the hda-intel mixer just fine so I don't know what the problem is. Essentially, WINE is unusable with audio. I did get audio to work with WINE when playing NovaLogic's F-22 Lightning 3, but something is really screwed up with WINE's audio or some combination theref. Applications without sound run under WINE without locking up the computer. Applications with sound generally will cause a crash to the command line or lock of the computer. I don't know. It's hard to identify the true culprit in this mess, but it seems to be WINE. All of my other applications including audio run fine without WINE.