[Wine] Re: Beyond Good & Evil

athom wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 19 13:15:23 CST 2009

Berillions wrote:

> I have a problem when i want to play at this game.
> I have a legal copy of game but after to install it and install a no-cd, i have a error message when i launch the game.
>
> The error message is :
>
> Code:
> The game is badly installed, please install correctly the game
>

> (When i launch bge.exe)

I do not have the EAX error myself. I do have the "The game is badly installed" message. I have the original game (not the steam one). I tried both original exe, and no-cd patch. Both give same result, this happens even before the copy protection evaluates the disc (so I guess). I find this really annoying, since the appDB says it does work. I tried all kind of settings, nothing helps. The installation gives a good result on a native windows installation, and even a virtual machine, but not on wine...

I am using wine 1.1.35, and even tried other versions...

What could I do to make it work?  [Crying or Very sad]

Thanks