[Wine] Re: Beyond Good & Evil

athom wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 20 04:33:37 CST 2009

vitamin wrote:

> athom wrote:
> >
> > doh123 wrote:
> > > so the no-cd hack might be breaking the game.
> >

> > Nope, not the case.
>
> How do you know that? Most games have numerous "no-cd" patches were most of them contain viruses/malware/or made for a wrong game version.

I tried multiple of them, as in, different versions and all I could find, and also the original disc/exe. I know what the game should give when it discovers that you didn't insert the disc, or have a copied one. Then I'd get a different message. This is something completely different. And also, how would you explain that appearently some other people can do this?

I did a test with someone from irc, the reg log shows that the entry which should be read to check is the game is correctly installed, never was read. That means that there's something else before the register check blocking it.

I have no clue actually, and again, I tried all the basic steps, I wouldn't knock on your doors if this was something silly and small. I'm not like that.