[Wine] Re: Quicken registration page is garbage

richb1908 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 20 05:11:07 CST 2009

John Drescher wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:01 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 3:33 PM,
> > 1. Upgrade to wine-1.1.34
> >
> > 2. Go to appdb.winehq.org and find your application and read what it
> > says about that.
> >
> > 3. Read the wine faq. Post terminal output.
> >
> > 4. And if you can replace whatever graphics card you have with a
> > nvidia card and use the latest nvidia binary driver.
> >

> 4. Probably does not apply in this case..
>
> John

Thanks John. Quicken Premier 2009 does have a GOLD rating according to the database. There was a tip to skip registration tat did not work.  I did upgrade to Wine 1.1.34 and do have an nVidia card with the latest driver installed. My next step is to copy the registration file from my Windows install.