[Wine] Ubuntu Karmic Updates Broken With Wine Install

doogiekd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 20 21:06:31 CST 2009

Hi,

I'm getting the following message regarding the most recent update in Update Manager:

E: python2.6-minimal: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2

See also the print screens of the Details tab in Update Manager (unable to copy and paste details) at:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8527834#post8527834

The short synopsis:

var/lib/binfmts/wine corrupt
error processing python2.6

I recently added:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-wine/ppa/ubuntu

to my software sources in order to get a more recent version of Wine than found in synaptic - required to be able to run MS Office.

Now I think that by doing so, this is interfering with updates.

Any workarounds or solutions?

Thanks,

doogiekd