[Wine] BSD usbhid joystick / gamepad

llwang wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 21 17:29:19 CST 2009

Hi,

After managing to run FFXI on FreeBSD/amd64 8.0 by upgrading to wine
1.1.35 and setting vista mode http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=7108,
I was trying have my gamepad work with wine.

I came across a patch posted on wine-patch in April 2008
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2008-April/054103.html,
but it doesn't seem to have been worked on since.  I did some minimal
tweak to have it patch cleanly in 1.1.35 and rebuilt wine, but nothing
seemed to be happening.  polcfg could not detect the gamepad, and the
gamepad did not work in game.  I tried to set the WINEDBG=+dinput
environment variable, but I couldn't find any line in the output containing
the string "dinput".  Any help would be appreciated.